EGR delete cost?

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at kits online.. how much would it cost to have a shop install the kit? trying to see if i get a fair price or if i'm getting ripped.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say 4 hours of billed time or so. It's down there a ways. I did mine while the cab was off and the headstuds were going in, so I can't give you a certain number. You might call the dealer and see what it pays to replace an egr cooler hour wise and that will give you and idea of how many hours the shop is likely to charge for the install.

fyrsail

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just did mine with a RCD kit , it cost 225 on ebay and was easy to install, the only hard part was remembering to eat lunch, it took me 10 hrs total from opening the hood to firing it up afterwards. some of the bolts were difficult to reach but put a blanket on top of the engine and lay on it gently, then they can be reached.

fyrsail

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
gasket was in great condition, so it was reused, no CEL, also had egr unplugged without cel for a while. just make sure to hook up the turbo to all connections, and get some dow high vacuum grease to lube your o rings with it makes it soo much easier to put back together and seals the hpop line much better than just a o ring.;tu

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
im gonna try the unplug EGR valve first to see if CEL comes on. if not will push to ur step buy RCD on ebay and swap it in

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58