EGR delete, HERE WE Go Again

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay getting back on this, i had to work all week.

Anyways, i do not have a tuner so it throws a code because the EGR valve is in but it cant read anything.

After driving it for a week and doing alot of reading on different forums, i have concluded that the code and CE light staying on is not causing any problems, the truck actually runs better than before. The boost is down but the power is the same as before. My mileage seems to be better, but i have only gone about 130 miles back and forth to work. I think i will get a tuner just to shut off the CE light but i have to get some more cash first so it will be awhile. My coolant and oil deltas are running about 5 degrees apart so that is alot better. I think i will just drive it for awhile and see what else happens. Really appreciate all your guys help and guidance, i was a little disturbed at all the codes at first, but they have all quite showing up except the EGR one and i know whats up with that.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you get the tuner on there you'll see a big differnents in the way the motor runs. I know on my 04 there was a night and day differnent. To save money you can just get say 2 tunes instead of all three. I have a tow and economy tunes with jody at DP tuners and paid about 400 bucks I have no clue cost now.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry this took so long but here are some back yard pics, i got the tune from Jody at DP, it shut off the CEL and added 40HP, i would also add that after removing all the EGR stuff and cleaning the intake, ( I can't believe the air could flow to the valves for all the crud) my mileage went up by 1.8mpg. View attachment 12970View attachment 12971View attachment 12972View attachment 12973View attachment 12974View attachment 12975View attachment 12976View attachment 12977View attachment 12978View attachment 12979

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
When I installed my EGR delete I use a chop saw and cut the lower half (piston in the manifold) off. I re-installed the modified EGR valve and p[lugged it in. Basically it tells the computer that the valve is there but really has no function. it's better then installing that cover plate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14