EGR Delete Kit

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats cool - thanks !

I hadnt seen the coolant re-route stuff & thats where i was thinking
things would get "sticky" in trying to remove the egr cooler completely.

I guess w/ this stuff you still have to run some kinda programmer to
eliminate the egr valve dtc's

nice to know if i crack an egr cooler that i dont have to go to the
dealer now...just pull the sob off and toss it in the freekin' garbage !

might be somethin' worth havin' in my pile o parts warehouse :sly

whuisman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
EGRCompare.jpg

Notice the intake on the left is modified to delete the cooler and the valve. First Coast Diesel Performance sells them. They're a bit pricey, but a good solution to total elimination of the EGR cooler.

I haven't gotten that far yet. As of now, I've welded shut the egr flange on the up-pipe and replaced the egr valve with a stainless steel spool I bought off ebay for ~$50. So I have no exhaust getting in the backside and no intake air getting in the front side, but I still have coolant running through it.

Last edited:

Paul H

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Looking ate the EGR valve, if you cut the shaft under the acuator and seal the valve shut, you could leave it plugged in and the ECM would never know the difference. No exhaust into the intake and all is good there. Then block off the exhaust port on the up pipe and re-route the collant no heat to the coolant either.

4doorbu

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i think the problem with trying to trick the computer by blocking egr flow with the valve still connected would be the computer doing whatever it does to the fuel trims when there is egr flow. I'm sure something in the fuel curve or something would be changing slightly when there is egr flow introduced to the cylinder. but i could be completely wrong :dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg