EGR Delete

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have the bed-plate leak myself but it has never gotten noticed on a driveway or made any sort of spot.

Auto stores will sell some UV dye that you can add to the oil then use a black light to locate the source of the leak. Better to know for sure than guessing. Could be the HPOP cover, lower turbo oil line, etc, etc.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Well I have to take the truck in for a rear pinion seal so I may have the dealer do it. As much as I hate to take it in right now I think that I am going to let a tech diagnose this one.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Oil dye treatment or they tell you it's the bed-plate right off (don't ask on the cost). Bet ya $.20...

I am not even going to take that bet and I know what it costs. If thats the case I may just send this truck down the road and look for another truck. Or I will just run it until its using more oil than diesel because the leak is not that bad I am only seeing one or two drops where I park my truck.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that much loss I say get some dye to give yourself the answer and drive it till it's marking the ground like a buck during the rut.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
For that much loss I say get some dye to give yourself the answer and drive it till it's marking the ground like a buck during the rut.

I think your right I will go see what the dye costs since I have to go and get a price on brakes for the truck. I will aslo be able to get get a better look when I under there replacing the up pipe for the EGR delete.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Thats what I have heard but it cant be any worse than replacing a distributor on an old GM Quad 4 when they were on the firewall side of the engine.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14