EGR delete

outbacker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I see on other forums where many have done the EGR delete and recommend it to others. Some have gone as far as doing a DPF and DEF deletes too. All of which would require a custom tune to keep the engine running without trouble codes popping up and would cost some serious $$$. Sinister Diesel claims their EGR kit will keep soot from building up in the intake manifold. Checking this and other diesel forums, I don't see where many people owning late model diesels complain of EGR issues. My question is that is there feasible advantage to adding an EGR delete kit? Or is this just a "trendy" thing to do among some diesel owners. Just FYI, I'm planning on keeping all parts on my truck stock. Maybe and Edge tuner down the road, but that's it.

Todd

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an .02 ?

EGR delete mods are mostly a 6.0 thing, Ford/IH had problems there. Some on the 6.4... the 6.7 was/is well engineered, with no Major issues.. out'a the box, off the lot, so far. Some go for more (Raw) power by deleting the DPF.. but 425hp.. stock.. on these 012's.. is well more than adequate* for pulling/carrying most anything within the GVWR.. the [average] owner would want, or need.

Again, just an opinion ?

Joe

* when I pass more cars & trucks, pulling a hill, than pass me...? with a 10K 5r in tow..? "Adequate" might be an under statement ?:)

Last edited:

outbacker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm very impressed with my Power Stroke so far. I'm sure I'll be more impressed after I finally get to hook my camper up to it in 6 weeks. I think to best choice will be to keep is stock. This 6.7L Power Stroke stock already has FAR more power than I actually need to tow my 8,000 pound tt. Being my first diesel truck and having it for only 2 weeks, I can't wipe that smile off my face each time I drive it :D

Todd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58