Egr Filter

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Is the EGR filter next to the Fuel filter. I tried to remove the cover and it would not let go. I was afraid that the cover would brak because its only plastic, I put my 1/2 drive ratchet on it and it would not budge

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is the OIL FILTER and it will unscrew with a 1/2" ratchet. It may be on a bit too tight so don't hit the ratchet with a hammer. Just use steady pressure on the wrench (ratchet).

Dave

bigtrxs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just wondering, but are you wanting to remove the egr valve?

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful with the caps!! You can buy sockets for them on Mac Tool trucks for about $20.00 or so, makes it easy. Like daveben said, steady pressure. If you put some Parkers "O" ring lube on it when you install the new cap and "O" ring, it will come off easier next time.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
The fuel filter cover is to the right of the EGR valve. The oil filter cap is a little further north. No egr filter I know of. But you can pull the valve, clean and vacuum out the manifold, and clean the valve.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I was not quite informed with the new oil filter being so located. It is the fuel filters cap that is hard to to let go. Might have to check the dealer and get all history

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Should come off with slow, steady pressure. A little grease on there will make it easier next time. The bottom filter is the one you'll have fun with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14