Question EGR Issues

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have a 06 6.0L egr acting up. The truck has been to the dealer twice under warranty in the past 2 weeks for the egr and now its the cause again. I have egr flow codes and the fix the dealer made was remove and clean soot particles from the egr. I would like to do this myself to save about 4 days of downtime, but I am not sure where the egr is located. I followed a tube from the exhaust that goes under the turbo, but I can't see anymore. This is in a E series so keep in mind I can only see from the back of the motor looking forward without removing everything under the hood. Help is appreciated.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of where the EGR is located; Page 13: Component Locations If you are having problems after a couple of days, you need to look at how you drive this truck. They are not grocery getters, but work trucks. All diesels like to driven hard.

Dave :)

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, this truck is by no means a grocery getter. It pulls 10,000lbs every day. I ended up taking back into the dealer and I was told the fix is to carbon flush the whole system which costs $800 and not covered under warranty because it is a fuel quality problem.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FUEL QUALITY PROBLEM ??? Sumbuddy is try'n to Shine Sumbuddy On.

So any 6.0 owner, with an EGR valve issue is guna halfta pay $800.00 to get it fixed... At THAT Ford Garage !?!?!? cuz it's caused by Bad Fuel ?? Is THAT what they're saying ?

BS..... Almost Garontee ya.. They don't have the API/SAE Test Equipment, to say, or prove that.

Find another Ford Garage.

Or... Get an API, QA test done on your fuel (after the filter).. at any Distributor's Lab. Take the results to'm.. see what they say.. Then ?

That's the kinda Crap that makes us call'm STEALERS.. instead of Dealers.

:bp

Joe

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that story really stinks, bad! You had better see another dealer or do it yourself.

Dave

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, unless your stealing fuel from junk vehicles that have been sitting for a couple years... bad fuel is total BS. I have seen the egr's coke up bad, but not time after time and so soon.

jetallman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled mine from may 05 and it was caked bad, I cleaned it and reinstalled but still did not get rid of the wrench light coming on under heavy tow so I am going to go with the delete kit, cost is the same as a new EGR, that may be something you may want to consider

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I was having problems with mine before I finally get tired of dealing with it and just deleted it. But looking back it may been the FICM on it's way out and the start of two bad injectors. I will never know because I deleted the EGR shortly after those two items got fixed so lets just call it a hunch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58