egr-less

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
results of my egr not plugged in since i cleaned it......

which was on 3/15 and 1 tank of fuel ago...

i filled up on 3/14 w/ 29.479 gal and went 350 miles
yesterday i filled up w/ 29.478 gal and went 401.....
this is all freeway travel now that i am back to work and not doing any intown grocery getting.....lots more constant 60 - 70 mph driving.

i have noticed hardly no smoke at start up...not much of a change as i did not notice it much last year much either (til winter fuel anyway)....no lack of get-up-and-go....no smoke on a romp on the pedal while going down the freeway....and no other noticable issues...while at the gas station i was gonna ask when summer fuel was coming back - i forgot..:doh:

i am gonna run 1 more tank to see what if any difference i notice and make up my mind whether it stays unplugged or not...the only thing would be mileage increase, but as i said, that could be to no more winter blend and constant driving habits....:sweet

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I could live with that....but a CEL on all the time would drive me crazy. My probe had an intermittent cel with no apparent cause from the day i got it new. same thing everytime. cylinder missfire or something like that. After chasing it around and the ford shop throwing parts at it to no avail I finally just took the bulb out:D

And I have never had the problem since;tu:innocent

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
wanna buy me a tuner?:sweet

NO indicator lites at all.....and i have not taken it in someplace to check either....
i am like the army - don't ask don't tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Red you said you were waiting for the winter blend to go away. I bought a load of fuel this winter and my fuel man said there was no difference unless you bought it with a no. 1 diesel mix. Anybody have any proof of what if anything they do to winter fuel?:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am not saying the fuel man is lying, but he is lying. Winter fuel is a blend of #1 and #2 diesel. How much and all of that I have no way of knowing. You would have thousands and thousands of big rig truckers yelling if there was no winter fuel. Plus a lot of us pickem up drivers.

Dave

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
The pumps around here are no. 1 and no.2. If you want a blend you do it yourself. The BP station is the only one that has winter blended fuel and it shows by the price difference. I was just asking if the refinery makes up something different like they do for gasoline. Maybe its just a thing they do in the great white north.

atk

Reaction score
The pumps around here are no. 1 and no.2. If you want a blend you do it yourself. The BP station is the only one that has winter blended fuel and it shows by the price difference. I was just asking if the refinery makes up something different like they do for gasoline. Maybe its just a thing they do in the great white north.

from what i am told, when weather gets cool enough they switch to winter blend. once it warms back up, back to the summer blend. it all comes out of the same nozzle....this is what i have been let to believe, but i usually can tell when they switch back to summer blend, MPG goes back up....;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58