Question EGR Problems?

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of modifications are likely to affect the EGR? I have been reading some horror stories about EGR problems and would like to avoid them if possible. Also, on a side note when I put my truck into 4wd, especially on the fly, my A/C goes through my defrost for a few minutes and then corrects. Any advice on the cause and solution? I appreciate all the great advice I received from everyone so far!

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, on a side note when I put my truck into 4wd, especially on the fly, my A/C goes through my defrost for a few minutes and then corrects. Any advice on the cause and solution? I appreciate all the great advice I received from everyone so far!

I have read this some where it has to do with a vacum leak.
Im sure someone will chime on this with more info.

Last edited:

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
with the ac diverting to the dash vents, it's caused by a vaccuum leak.

Most any modifications that adds HP will effect the EGR. Best thing to do is clean it on a regular basis, or just completely remove it, depending on what your goals for the truck are.

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I thought the A/C problem was a vacuum problem but I wanted some other opinions.

The mods I am thinking about making are: exhaust change, intake modifications, and maybe a chip of some kind. The overall goal is better mileage and hp without spending an extensive amount of cash. The truck runs up and down the road mostly but when it works it works hard (typically stock trailers and large equipment).

My truck is a '04 F350 SRW CC 4x4.

So far I really appreciate the advice I have gotten on this site!

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
If you want to get rid of it all together, check out Liberator Performance. Home Check it out and give him a call if you're interested.

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after the engine warranty iz up on my truck...im goin 2 Liberator and delete the EGR and say screw the EPA !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg