egr removal

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys do i need a special puller to take out my egr valve? im putting on my egr delete kit from rcd. and do i need to do anything special as far as getting things back together. to install i need to remove pretty much everything on top of the engine and loosen the intake. do i need to prime the turbo with oil when putting it back in the truck or just hook up the oil and call it good? any pointers would be awesome. thanks guys

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Take out the three bolts and turn the valve to get it loose. Then pry up with a small pry bar and it will come out easy. I have a carpenters pry bar that has a small nail puller curve in it. The bar is about 4 inches total length. Look in Lowes for this; Dasco Pro at Lowe's: 5-1/2" Ultra Bar

Dave

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
yeah it should come out pretty easy like dave says.. mine was pretty tough when i cleaned it because it was so coked with soot... just be patient and don't break anything lol...

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used a seal puller, yes the two sided seal puller that is used for pulling axle seals. It works great.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. That sounds like I can get it. Any ideas on priming the turbo with oil?

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well started working on truck at 8am just got home .. quit working on it at 8pm still not finished have a exhaust leak where uppipes meet the turbo.. so need to get pipes to close up better... ummm biggest pain in the ass job to do.. egr valve came out great though was caked with soot though.. all well no more worrys about that haha truck started and ran fine and idle didnt throw any codes but huge exhaust leak me and friend have to try to fix in the morning

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
yeah those y pipes crack all the time! ford needs to get a permant fix for those instead of just throwing the same type in there...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58