EGR removing?

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
Doesen't the SCT programmer delete the egr valve too along with other tuners without throwing a code? I thought I read that somewhere.

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was going to unplug mine, I know how egr works but if i have that butterfly valve (03) can i just unplug the egr? And what does the SCT with the egr option due? Does it do the same thing as unplug it? One more question.. can i just unplug the egr and leave that butter fly valve in the pipe?
Bush pilot, bama, im sure you guys have some info. Thanks

I've had mine unplugged for a long time. I left it unplugged when it was stock and now it's tuned with the EGR delete option and it's still unplugged. I've never thrown a code with it. And as far as the butterfly valve, they disabled that thing with the first flash on the 6.0. It's not even present in the 04+ trucks. The 05+ trucks don't even have the throttle body part under the elbow. I removed my butterfly valve. Take the intake off, and pull the 2 bolts out of the disk that hold it to the rod in the housing. I noticed no difference in performance, just a better piece of mind knowing not it can't possibly ever close on me while driving. Eventually I'm going to replace it with the 05+ elbow and delete the entire thing.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine unplugged for a long time. I left it unplugged when it was stock and now it's tuned with the EGR delete option and it's still unplugged. I've never thrown a code with it.

youll have codes (unless your programmer is blocking/erasing 'em)...
w/out a programmer YOU WILL STORE CODES <the light might not come on
but you WILL have codes !

only the calif. emmission trucks turn the light on when they get
and egr code.

rynarnell

03 6.0 8.0lift on 38"s
Reaction score
thanks flopster, thats probably what ill do. remove the vavle if i have it and get the egr delete option. Is it worth getting the torque converter lockup options or is that mainly if you tow a lot? t

bern rattler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if unpluging the EGR valve will damage the cooler or oil tubes, or any thing for that matter? Just asking a question....

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
I have a question about this EGR valve is worth keeping it plugged in? I thought I have read earlier post about unplugging it or something.

unplug it.. if you have an 05 newer you will probably get a CEL though. older ones should throw code but no light. my 04 is unplugged and i dont even have a code, been uplugged for several hundred miles now.

rathbone

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Same here, I unplugged mine and no CEL on my 03'. Might of thrown a soft code but that won't trigger a CEL. Haven't scanned it to see if it did yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58