Question EGR replaced by dealer will that last forever

saint08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Egr

I saw this on another forum:

"Well the EGR is better off unplugged anyways. But if you have anything past an early '04 you can't just unplug it. Lucky for us '03 and early '04 owners :) "

If I have an '03 can I just unplug my EGR? Anybody have any suggestion or directions on this?

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U can unplug it but i belive u have to do it when the truck is off because the valve is in the closed position. I know people that have done it without issue but not sure of any other effects. This does not however stop egr gasses from flowing thru the egr cooler so if u coke that up bad the coolant will start to boil and can rupture the cooler. Just don't idle it much and drive it like u stole it ;tu

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the HI IDLE mod is that a switch you install or is it something through the existing componets on the truck????

High idle mod is when u utilize the pto wire under the dash and hook it up to a switch so when u flip it and put the e-brake down it will idle the truck up to 1200 rpm and this keeps all the egr gasses flowing better and prevents soot from building up in the cooler and on the valve. Also warms the truck faster in cold weather. Real easy to do if u have upfitter switches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14