EGR valve

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I decided to pull my EGR and clean it up. The OASIS report shows it was plugged and replaced at 19K miles just before I bought it down south. The truck now has 34K on it, so I thought I'd take a look. I bought the carb cleaner and O ring kit, and got it out. It was slightly dirty, but nothing like the ones I have seen plugged on this forum. I think the big difference this time around is the fact that in Canada we use ULSD, and the lack of serious deposits are likely a result of that. I never idle the truck, just start and drive off slowly until she warms up. The truck gets used daily as transportation, not like she is pulling a trailer all the time, just daily transport, with a few road trips, and some trailer pulls in the summer. I never drive it like I stole it either.

firerescue1201

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
unfortunatly driving it like you stole it is a good thing on these 6.0s the harder you drive em the better off youll be

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
ditto that,

hammer down once in awhile is a good thing...

as fletch says: 'gotta check for flourocarbon output'...:D

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Egr

Red and Firerescue;

I wrote that I didn't run her too hard, and still don't have much EGR fouling. Running her harder once in a while won't do much for the EGR system, as I understand it doesn't operate at WOT, but it would probably be good for the VGT turbo to cycle it through so it doesn't stick. Up north here we don't get much opportunity to open up as there is no traction during the winter. I guess my main point is that if you are getting a lot of EGR fouling, I would make sure that the fuel is ULSD, as that will have a better effect on the system than stomping on the go pedal, or adding a bunch of expensive additives.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14