Egr

Reepo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I hit a water puddle going in to work the other night (no, I didn't see it). My check engine light came on and I couldn't get the truck to go more than about 25 MPH. I was able to slowly push on the gas to get the truck to come up to highway speeds, but if I mashed the gas, the truck went nowhere fast. I just went to Auto Zone to get the codes read, and they are telling me that my EGR failed. Priced it there for over $300. Any one have a similar experience or knows where to get an EGR for less than $300? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty

My 2006 has 83000 on it and FORD paid for the 2 EGR valves that went bad this year no cost to me . If your not over 100,000 they should replace it free. Good Luck

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly, EGR and all related EGR parts are covered under 5yr/100k warranty if you still have the milage to go.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup warranty item .. ,, but the puddle coincidence may lead to a wet connector throwing a false code ,, that may not be coverd

Reepo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, they don't have to know about the puddle :). Looks like I'm making a trip to the local dealer.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true ,, and I guess if it is EGR (emissions related ) even a connector is covered

Reepo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, it seems that a computer update took care of the job. EGR is good... for now. Thanks for the help everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58