egt and boost guages

Garin1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK,,here we go,, I am being told on one of my RV forums that the first thing I should do to my NEW TRUCK is install aftermarket egt and boost guages. Does the truck not come with these or are they just C--P:dunno

Joe G

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What truck do you have? If it is an 05 or 06 SuperDuty, then the stock boost gauge works well. The transmission gauge is a glorified idiot light.

I installed Isspro EV transmission temp and EGT gauges on a painted A pillar. I love 'em.

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
In general that is correct. The egt is very useful if you do any towing. You can cook a motor without it very easily. The boost is for information.

Dave

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Garin,

You just ordered a new truck right?

If so it does come with EGT and tranny gauges I believe, BUT they are glorified idiot lights like already stated.:sweet

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Garin1 said:
OK,,here we go,, I am being told on one of my RV forums that the first thing I should do to my NEW TRUCK is install aftermarket egt and boost guages. Does the truck not come with these or are they just C--P:dunno

If it is an 04 or older then they typically don't come with these except tranny but I would not trust that one.
You can get the whole ISSPRO 3 gauge pack (Pyro, Tranny, Boost) & A pillar package (which includes everything you need to install) for around $300. Plus, they look darn good! :thumbs

gauge_mount1.jpg
[/IMG]

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
Garin1 said:

I know it's tempting to do a whole bunch of other mods first, but start with the gauges. Even if you don't plan on doing ANY mods, do the gauges, especially if you're towing. They'll give you a good idea how your truck performs stock so if you do any mods, you'll know how the mod affected performance.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i must be loosing my mind i know i posted here afew minutes ago
anyway
if your getting an 06 it has a factory boost guage in the enhanced dash,
no egts
the tranny gauge is very very optimistic it reads normal when the engine still reads below cold

get a egt and tranny temp
for starters
egt is in my opinion more vital than boost
boost is more of an advisory gauge, where as egt is a cautionary/ warning
as is tranny temps
if your running stock you can pretty much bet if keep egts in teh safe range you will probably never over boost

but let tranny temps and egts get out of control and you aint going to have boost, for long
i feel my stock boost gauge is slow but it seems to be close enough I have never got it read 30 lbs
even climbing the mountain at 65 with the cargo trailer loade down
i hit 1300 egts and boost read 25 or so
we climbed 600 feet in 1.8 miles in 4th gear with the throttle about 3/4
she only smelled of coolant when i got home

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I, for one recommend the Edge Attitude, if you want power you can go ahead with the Juice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14