EGT temps?

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a question as to what temps are you guys seeing on your egt gauges when running empty and loaded?

I currently run around 600 degrees empty at 55 mph and around 800 up hills with a loaded trailer at 55 mph.

I have an 06 f-250 fx4 lariat with 5 inch cat back with the cat gutted.

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok because that makes sense. I ask because at around 1000 degrees my stock temp gauge rises rapidly and the check temp indicator on the dash comes on. Then when i back out of it the gauge comes back down and bounces from normal to mid-way high.

But what suprises me is that when you open the hood no coolant is in the degass bottle and when you turn the cap the coolant comes up but is boiling inside of the bottle.

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I had a mechanic at our shop do a test of the air coming out of the coolant bottle and it turned from the blue to a green in the test tube that measures the air, which means that I have exhaust gases in my coolant.:rant Which is no good.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Well I had a mechanic at our shop do a test of the air coming out of the coolant bottle and it turned from the blue to a green in the test tube that measures the air, which means that I have exhaust gases in my coolant.:rant Which is no good.
EGR valve would be my guess.

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They just replaced my egr cooler in April. I guess it is possible that they could of went bad in 4 months.:dunno

But would that casue the coolant temp gauge to rise and vent the coolant out the degas bottle?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg