egt???

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
innaccurate and nearly meaningless is what you can expect in that location.

put it in the manifold pre-turbo and youll be able to compare it to
everyone else.

ive run the probe in both locations and can tell you the manifold is not
dangerous and its more accurate

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
after the turbo you will want to go no higher than 900, and around idle maybe see 200-250ish? (not so sure about the 6.0)

as a somewhat vague and general rule the turbo outlet will be about 300* cooler than the manifold.

the manifold is more accurate, however i wont be drilling mine out because my DP has a bung wlded in already. the manifold is not "dangerous", but i have replaced a few probes on trucks where the tip came off........if your probe is in the manifold and that happens, kiss the turbine goodbye. i havent heard of it happening around this site, but its totally possible.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think its funny...the guys who are worried about a pyro probe break are the same ones that run sand/dirt passing "performance" air filters

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
REALLY? The tip coming off? I can't hardly beleive that ISSPRO would tell you to mount it in the manifold if that could happen. And if it is a possibility, wouldn't they put that as a warning in their installation instructions?

I guess anything is possible though. :dunno

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
REALLY? The tip coming off? I can't hardly beleive that ISSPRO would tell you to mount it in the manifold if that could happen. And if it is a possibility, wouldn't they put that as a warning in their installation instructions?

I guess anything is possible though. :dunno

like i said, i havent heard anybody around here have a tip break off in thier manifold OR dp, but i know we replace at least one a month on the class 8 stuff at work.

probably not likely, but dont say it wont happen!

05oneton

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i just got my gauges in yesterday and so now that I can monitor my egt, is keeping it under 900 what we should be looking for on a 6.0? cause it wasn't clear from the earlier post.

P.S.-These ISSPRO gauges are sweet looking and even better when the its dark and the lights are on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58