electrical issues

lomac9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 250 Lariat. Have had issues w/ the temperature selector going out. (where you cant see any digital display or control heat or a/c). Ive been able to turn the truck off and back on again and seems to do the trick most of the time. I replaced my batteries over the summer but now there seems to be a drain on them from somewhere. Now its gotten worse. While driving down the road all the suddden the light will come on low batteries and the truck will start bucking a little and ALL gauges in the cluster panel go to zero and the truck shuts down. Can restart and get down the road 10-15 mins and it will do it all over again. Ive checked the batteries and they are 12v without the truck running and 14v w/ truck running. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have this truck just sitting not able to work out of it.

fyrsail

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
electrical problem

I had the same issue with my 06 6.0, the remedy was to check the ground cables near the computer. one of mine was frayed bad , making a new one for around 6 dolars solved the issue.the other possibilities are that a wired might be getting rubbed and shorting.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
be a good one..
there's one right by the ECM under the dash, I think that's the one the other guy suggested..
IIRC, there's like 5 different ones..
block to frame near the starter, two neg batt cables at terminus, two body to frame ones (one under the hood, the other back by the spare tire)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14