Emblem Question

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna get rid of the '99-'0? emblems on my fenders and tailgate so I can replace them with the newer style ('05-'07 i guess?). Anyway, what I need to know is if they are the same size. I don't want to take the old ones off and put new ones on if there will be a ring showing where the old ones were.

If they are a tad bigger, that would be great.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
the old ones measure 2 & 1/4" X 8 & 9/16

the new ones measure 2 & 3/16 & 9 & 1/4

i think you would be ok with the swap. just clean up real good.

lvnalolife

Not a newbie.
Reaction score
A friend just did that to his 03 and it looks good. Just get a heat gun and some adhesive remover. Don't burn the paint though!

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I've noticed is the black in the writing is coming of on all of them in the rental fleet at work. There is a place called "Billet Badges", I don't know how to post links, that has cool custom badges.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
The only thing I've noticed is the black in the writing is coming of on all of them in the rental fleet at work. There is a place called "Billet Badges", I don't know how to post links, that has cool custom badges.

I noticed many sd's driving around here have no black on them either. IMO the emblems look just as good all chrome. :rolleyes: Many have to power wash off the black on the E350 emblems.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I noticed many sd's driving around here have no black on them either. IMO the emblems look just as good all chrome. :rolleyes: Many have to power wash off the black on the E350 emblems.

i remember the ford dealer here telling me that there was a recall on the emblems, because the black paint or however it was applied, was faulty.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i remember the ford dealer here telling me that there was a recall on the emblems, because the black paint or however it was applied, was faulty.

That's a new one. I've never heard of a recall regarding an appearance item. I would think that if it's not a safety issue, no recall is needed, but they could offer free replacements for the emblems if the customer desired them.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
That's a new one. I've never heard of a recall regarding an appearance item. I would think that if it's not a safety issue, no recall is needed, but they could offer free replacements for the emblems if the customer desired them.

free replacements is the term i was tryin to think of wayne. :thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14