Engine Build

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I want to get some advice on building a bullet proof, daily drivable, 600 hp powerstroke. Should I build a engine from scratch(outside the truck) or buy the parts and have someone put it all in. Any list of parts or links to websites and comments are greatly appreciated!:sweet

dmd

Reaction score
You will have to tear it all apart. Replacing the PMR's will be on the top of the list.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I have found a Powerstroke builder but its very expensive! Wipe Out Enterprises is the builder and engine kits are $98000 to $22900! They look like they know their stuff! I guess you pay for pros. If anyone knows what kind of Tq/Hp #'s the stage 1 kit produces and how much installation might run? If anyone knows of other builders I would love to check them out also. Id like to find one close to NC but ill drive or ship from anywhere for the right engine! Thanks for the info!!!!!;tu

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Anyone out there? What engine parts need to be replaced in my 2002 7.3 to make it a reliable, daily drivable 600 hp beast. I know you guys have some good info help me out. Thanks again:D

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
you're getting a lot for $9800.

you send them your core engine, they send you a beast motor

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
you're getting a lot for $9800.

you send them your core engine, they send you a beast motor

Thats what I thought. I just wonder what kind or TQ/HP #'s this baby will turn, and how much a shop would charge to take out (old) and install the new.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!!
No I dont have $20,000. I can have the $10,000 for the engine by the spring if business is good. I have spent about $9000-$10,000 this year on the old girl already.(tranny,injector o-rings repair,tuner,exhaust,intake,tires,gauges,fuel system,HPOP, leveling kit) I guess I need enjoy these upgrades and save some $ for the engine. I get the truck back tomorrow with the rebuilt trans.:D I cant wait I have not been able to enjoy my upgrades because of sloppy, slippin transmission(390k miles on original). I wont have tunes until I get my truck and tranny specs for Jody at DP-Tuner as I have lots of new things that need to be configured for new tunes.

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wipeout is a good vendor with an excellent product. With close to 400k on your stock motor your money will be well spent on the stage 1 or 2 motor from these guys.

From reading threads with guys looking to do their own build and actually posting real world costs most started with a very ambitious 5k budget and usually blew it and ended up spending in the 7k neighborhood and had a month or two of down time.

Labor to R&R the engine I would guess it in the 15-20 hour time range so roughly 1500-2000 in labor. Engine R&R is not hard but is time consuming more than anything if you have space and the time I would highly recommend that you do the labor yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58