Engine Cleaning Article?

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant seem to find that old article we had up about cleaning the engine.

Out sid e of the obvious Cover the altenator spray down with degreaser and spray clean when the engine is cool or cold.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I don't remember a article but of there was one it probably just said to not use high pressure and cover up the electrical connections to the sensors. I use simple green, small brush and a low pressure garden hose. STAY AWAY from the IDM and other sensors including all the connections..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crumm said:
I don't remember a article but of there was one it probably just said to not use high pressure and cover up the electrical connections to the sensors. I use simple green, small brush and a low pressure garden hose. STAY AWAY from the IDM and other sensors including all the connections..

Scar.. What Crumm sez.

Just did mine yesterday. COLD MOTOR. Covered and did what Crumm said, 50/50 mix of Simple Green, sprayed everything down REAL good (75/25 strength SG on the grungy areas) let it set for 5/10 minutes... hosed it off with >house pressure< at about half throttle for most of it... little more >house pressure< for the grungy areas.

FWIW ? I slit garbage bags and mask off the whole engine compartment. That way, when the crap starts flying.. it does'nt get on the windshield, fenders or grill area. :dunno

Joe

What Tx Atty sez too ! I use a parts brush... on a stick for the hard to get places.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
Scar.. What Crumm sez.

(75/25 strength SG on the grungy areas)
What Tx Atty sez too ! I use a parts brush... on a stick for the hard to get places.

:D :D

also you folks using SG ensure its rinsed completely off and rinse again. sg as it dries changes somewhat and will eat holes in your alum stuff by removing the hydrogen molecules and it will become very brittle and BREAK

big joe i cant beleive yur engine gets grungy :dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
:D :D

also you folks using SG ensure its rinsed completely off and rinse again. sg as it dries changes somewhat and will eat holes in your alum stuff by removing the hydrogen molecules and it will become very brittle and BREAK

big joe i cant beleive yur engine gets grungy :dunno

It Don't.... But just by the nature of anything DEZEL... It will. I don't let it.

And remember... Out here in Caly... There's GRUNG... in the Air.

CALIFORNIA: Where you can See, Smell and Taste the Air you breath;)

Yer right about the SG.... Prolly should have said: Rinse it WELL, with >house pressure<.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim