Engine Cranks and No-Start when already warmed up

Metalhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my truick into the dealer on Monday to have some warranty work done on a couple of things. The big thing I'm taking it in for is an issue I've got with the truck cranking but not starting when already warmed up. This usually happens when I go to restart the truck after it's been off for at least 20-30 minutes. I turn the key and the motor cranks and cranks, but no start. If I stop, pull the key out, then proceed to start again, it usually fires up instantly. I don't understand why it doesn't just start with the first turn.

The truck already had a failure of the high-pressure oil pump back in the summer, and I had that fixed at the dealer back then. This no-start issue has been happening for around the past 3-4 months.

The other issue is the exhaust pipe rattling up against something under the hood, which has been happening ever since I got the truck back from the work that was done in the summer.

My SCT tuner shows no DTC's, and I do not have a tune on the truck.

Has anyone had the same problem with no-start that I'm having right now?

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm taking my truick into the dealer on Monday to have some warranty work done on a couple of things. The big thing I'm taking it in for is an issue I've got with the truck cranking but not starting when already warmed up. This usually happens when I go to restart the truck after it's been off for at least 20-30 minutes. I turn the key and the motor cranks and cranks, but no start. If I stop, pull the key out, then proceed to start again, it usually fires up instantly. I don't understand why it doesn't just start with the first turn.

The truck already had a failure of the high-pressure oil pump back in the summer, and I had that fixed at the dealer back then. This no-start issue has been happening for around the past 3-4 months.

The other issue is the exhaust pipe rattling up against something under the hood, which has been happening ever since I got the truck back from the work that was done in the summer.

My SCT tuner shows no DTC's, and I do not have a tune on the truck.

Has anyone had the same problem with no-start that I'm having right now?

"Theft" light on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58