Engine died on road: Sorry Long

Sportsnutim

Sportsnutim
Reaction score
Problems found

Well the dealership found one of my ailments and another problem; as said before the CPS is part of my problem. Replaced it and found my oil level instead of being full or safe on dip stick was eight quarts low instead of 15 qrts. I just changed it 3 or 4 months ago. No leaks from gaskets they checked to make sure it wasn't going into my fuel system: none, so I am at a loss of where it maybe going?????? Any ideas anyone???:dunno

evelo241

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the other think I have had happen to me was the harnes that goes into the valve cover into the injectors and glow plugs it can short out just after it enters the valvecover location this will make it run rough and even make it die and not start so some things to check along with the CPS . Best of luck

HighwayPrisoner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It sure souns like the fuel jelled, and or was starving for fuel. Todays usld fuel is garbage, it jells as high as 40 degrees, water is a problem, and bacteria. It may have thawed out inside at the shop, I would use a good dose of Powerservice, stanadyne etc., just to make sure. Check the fuel filter, if the filter is blackish color, there is a bacteria problem.

viper5035

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well the dealership found one of my ailments and another problem; as said before the CPS is part of my problem. Replaced it and found my oil level instead of being full or safe on dip stick was eight quarts low instead of 15 qrts. I just changed it 3 or 4 months ago. No leaks from gaskets they checked to make sure it wasn't going into my fuel system: none, so I am at a loss of where it maybe going?????? Any ideas anyone???:dunno

yea mine did the same thing and it was the injector orings i haad 4 injectors with bad rings and burned 8qts before i new about it cause it starved the hpop and would dry up and starv the injectors. I replaced mine about 5k ago and i havent burned any oil, before they went bad i would burn about a quart between oilchanges, now nothing.

dtreat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mine quit about a year ago on the highway, but it would run about fifteen to twenty miles an hour. So I took the backroads, and it turned out to be the CPS.

evelo241

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Did any of you guys get the recall on the cps. I just recieved mine . We changed one out last night and it didnt fix it later we found it was the fuel heater had shorted out and was shuting the engine down!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14