Engine getting louder?

OREGON BLACKOUT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My engine seemed to have gotten louder over the last couple weeks. I use to hear the turbo over the engine now it seems to have switched. Just more of a diesel knock that usual. I took it to the dealer and the mechanic said it seemed fine. No loss of power just wondering what you guys thought.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
different fuel formulation for the warmer weather maybe? Any change in mileage?

OREGON BLACKOUT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Nah it's still cold up here, and no change in mileage. I did talk to the diesel tech and he said it's probably bad injectors. Any thoughts out there? You guys are the pros, I've learned more here just surfin' around than from any dealer tech. Thanks guys.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt they'd all get worse at the same time. How many miles since a fuel filter change? you might be working on something in the injection system though, HPOP, ICP regulator, or one of those lovely fittings that like to crack. How many miles are on it now?

OREGON BLACKOUT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So what do you do when the water separator drain plug is stripped. The dealer stripped it last year and now it's stripped again. Maybe they didn't fix it like they said. This is why from here on out I'm doing my own maintenance. Any thoughts from the pros?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
So what do you do when the water separator drain plug is stripped. The dealer stripped it last year and now it's stripped again. Maybe they didn't fix it like they said. This is why from here on out I'm doing my own maintenance. Any thoughts from the pros?

You could JB weld a hex key into the slot. Heard of it working, but no experience myself. Or remove the whole outer cover and then mess with it. Get a brass replacement plug. Stock one sucks.

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
You could JB weld a hex key into the slot. Heard of it working, but no experience myself. Or remove the whole outer cover and then mess with it. Get a brass replacement plug. Stock one sucks.

Another simple mod I plan to do . I also seen the fumotovalve for the quick oil drain.
Thanks 350

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg