Engine Harness

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 F250, i bought it used last september with 116,700+ miles on it and it is now up 122,000+. Over the winter i've been having a cold starting problem. The starter would turn but it would not ignite. I replaced my icp sensor, did not fix it. Replaced cam sensor, did not fix it. Computer IS all up to date. Glowplugs all checked out ok even replaced one of the harnesses. Problem still exists, but now that the warmer weather is here i really dont have the problem anymore. 2 mechs said that it can be my cam harness or engine harness (i believe the 2 are the same?).

I also have a rear main seal oil leak, nothing major, just notice a small stain a little bigger than a quarter after sitting over night.

Things i plan on doing after starting problem is fixed:

EGR delete
MBRP exhaust

Any ideas that could help with my situation and any suggestions before i make any other modifications? I only have a Banks Ram air installed and thats it. Also, does anyone know of an extended warranty plan that can cover these problems that will not care or notice a cold air intake?

Thanks in advance!

- Tony

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have the same engine with approximately the same miles, and I had a very similar hard start problem. I could plug in my block heater and it would start. I finally took it in and Ford replaced the FICM and now she starts like NEW!! Have your codes read, and I will bet that it will show the FICM is shot. Good Luck!

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did that replaced the starter with a OEM and found a ground that was bad too. Check the battery cables on the pass. side that the main cables to the starter.

fordfury

redneck punk
Reaction score
check your batteries first, ive seen it where they say it starts hard and its just that one of the batteries are junk and the other one is still in good shape and runs the whole truck while the other one is at 6 volts

atk

Reaction score
P2614....camshaft position output circuit

there has been some problems(chaffing) with wiring going to cam sensor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14