Help Needed Engine leak need assistance please

StrokinItAllDay

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
was checking out the under side of my truck the other day just to keep an eye on things before they get bad and noticed that there was some oil collecting on the back upper side of the engine. Just below the heatshield that runs between the two up pipes that feed the turbo. looked at the 6.0L bible and can't figure out what it is back there that would be leaking. haven't had a chance to dig really deep into where it's coming from but seems to be alot of intelligent folks on this site. i have drawn an arrow on the attachment to give an idea on location of where im seeing oil as identified by the purple arrow

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
My guess is the oil line to or from your turbocharger is leaking. The oil if fed to the turbo to keep the bearings in the turbo going freely. It is high pressure oil at about 80 psi or so.

Dave

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That or you have a boost hose that's torn and the oil is sitting in the valley of the motor and slowly dripping down. I've replaced a couple of them on different trucks. Typically it's the HP hose right on top of the motor. It's about 54 bucks from Ford.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg