Engine leaking above the starter?

cthehentz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I notice a small amount of radiator fluid under the truck this morning, it's below the starter and infact it is running down past the outside of the starter like where the starter meets the bellhousing. My question is where could it be comming from? It almost looks like it's from the head gasket, the freeze plugs are dry and I don't see any hoses or clamps in that area. I checked the oil and there are no signs of water in the oil.

calbullet

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
it might be the egr cooler hose. on the pass. side on top, look down into the valley. small short hose.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score
I had the same issue pop up this Thanksgiving weekend. My service Rep. is a friend of mine. I will be contacting him today and I'll let you know what he says.:cool:

cthehentz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've been back, I found the small red hose under the left side of the turbo was leaking from a factory style clamp. It took me about 30min to get a hose clamp on with one hand and that stopped the leak.

Suprob

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is this a leak that looks like from underneath a rear main? I have a small leak that is coming down and leaking down the face of the oil pan.

I have an '06 with 20,000 on it.

Rob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl