Engine light came on

gregmc720

GrEgGy BoY
Reaction score
:dunno. Code P2002 "Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold Bank1" Does anybody know why this code came on and how to fix the problem? Thanks for any advice.

gregmc720

GrEgGy BoY
Reaction score
Yes Kn&n. Just installed about 1000 miles ago. But I just cleaned the filter today then drove on the interstate. And that's when the light pop on.

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went through an AFE and a Airaide CAI and both times it threw that code. call K&N and ask them, but without a programmer most of the time that's your problem. change the truck back and see if it goes away. also i ran originally a superchips cortex 1950 and it didn't support the cai either. i called superchips and they told me there was nothing they could do because the set the truck off of stock oem parts.

Last edited:

Blake Dirt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you just cleaned and oiled your filter, chances are a miniscule amount of oil on your MAF sensor may have thrown this code. Happens with my AFE as well.

HD09F350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put a snb intake on Sunday. I'm having the same problem. I ran to the dump Saturday it was super muddy. I also was in regen mode due to not driving far enough it kept trying to clean DPF all day. Finally ranit through a complete cycle but I'm kicking the same code 2002 as the original guy gregmc720. But now check engine light and code comes up. What causes this? Oil on the MAF sensor like the last reply or what? I only have about 5000 miles on my truck. Thanks for any useful advise

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am pretty sure it doesn't have any thing to do with oil on the MAF. if you put the stock system back in, it goes away. it is very frustrating i know. so i went with SCT which asks if you changed the air filter during programing. that's how i got mine to keep from throwing the code.

HD09F350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I haven't seen any codes today. Heading on a good road trip tomorrow, I'm sure it will let me know if there is still a problem.

highflier

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
check engine lite

my check engine lite started comming on before I changed to a S&B intake and it still comes on every now and then. ford was supposed to fix this with a recall but it still comes on dont know what code it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58