engine light

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
I can't figer it out the engine check light only comes on then I'm pulling my camper up hill or a slight hill. so is what I did is unpluged my programer back to stock and tryed it again the thing the light will flicker then its gone no loss in power and no codes :eek: what do you think it is :dunno

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
bonestroker said:
I can't figer it out the engine check light only comes on then I'm pulling my camper up hill or a slight hill. so is what I did is unpluged my programer back to stock and tryed it again the thing the light will flicker then its gone no loss in power and no codes :eek: what do you think it is :dunno

One of about 300,000 different things that could be tripping the SES light. :dunno

If it is not showing up in your code reader on our programmer, it may be an IDM code, IIRC some programmers do not retrieve IDM trouble codes. If the light turned on, there IS a code stored somewhere, I promise you that. Go get a reader that is set up to read these trucks and retrieve IDM codes. Your local dealership should do it for you for a small cash donation. :D

Find the code, then get bak to us with what it says. In the mean time, common IDM codes for this situation include the "ICP over expected" code, which basically means that your programmer is running your injection control pressure up to a level that the PCM says "WHOA! What the heck is going on!!!" Not harmful, but annoying. Do you have a 10K mod? If you do, I would bet the farm that this is your trouble...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14