Engine rough idle at start up!

Black_Cloud_D

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:rant
This has been going on for a while, and nobody has been able to tell me what is wrong. When I start my truck it idles really rough. After running it a while and it warms up it runs good. I just overhauled the engine in Jan, so I know it is not compression problems. If anybody has any advise with this please let me know. I am tired of hearing this truck like this!
Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I had the same symptoms on my '04 6.0 engine. It was a leaky EGR cooler. I know you don't have an EGR or an EGR cooler, but water getting into the intake will cause it to run rough when cold. When it is hot the water turns to steam and causes no problems. Check your radiator fo r low coolant. Good Luck finding this problem...

Dave

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rant
This has been going on for a while, and nobody has been able to tell me what is wrong. When I start my truck it idles really rough. After running it a while and it warms up it runs good. I just overhauled the engine in Jan, so I know it is not compression problems. If anybody has any advise with this please let me know. I am tired of hearing this truck like this!
Thanks

Have someone scan EOT as it compares to ambient air temp...While you are at it ,check the ICP pressure & IPRDC % at cold startup....

TXblue

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just got the diagnosis from the dealer today for that problem. Mine is the #6 injector bad. $$$$$$!!!!!!
Hope yours isn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim