Engine rough idle problem

TXblue

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This just started. When the truck is cold, it idles smooth. After 20 minutes or so of driving, the idle starts getting rough like a gas engine does when it starts missing. Doesn't seem to affect running going down the road. Maybe I got a bad load of fuel? I'm not getting a "Water in Fuel" light. I added Diesel Clean to this tank of fuel too after it started idling rough. Any ideas?
Thanks.:burnit

TXblue

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Only have about 1400 miles on this oil change. Don't know how to/or what the pressures are you asked about.:dunno

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only have about 1400 miles on this oil change. Don't know how to/or what the pressures are you asked about.:dunno

Do you have a friend with a scanner?...

Try unplugging the ICP connector (on the DS head near the front 3 wire connector right by the lifting ring),,& see if it improves..

TXblue

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Do you have a friend with a scanner?...

Try unplugging the ICP connector (on the DS head near the front 3 wire connector right by the lifting ring),,& see if it improves..

I don't know of any of my friends that have a scanner. I'm not real familiar with all the acronyms associated with the 7.3 PSD. Not sure what the ICP connector is or the DS head & the lifting ring. Can you be easier on me? LOL.

:D

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ICP = injector/injection control pressure.

DS head = driver's side head (of the engine)

lift ring = thick steel ring bolted to driver's side head that you would use to lift the engine out of the truck.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim