engine shut down

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is what happened with mine... showed up to relatives like nothing was wrong. a few hours later i went to leave and it just kept rolling over and over and over....HPOP

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
Well my mechanic said that it was a bad IPR valve. I was hoping that it was not the HPOP as I had that replaced about two years ago.

I am still getting tired of the 6.0L to the point that I might trade it in for a Chevy or Mopar diesel instead. Still wanting to hope for my ford :dunno

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i think the 6.0 is either the biggest piece or the biggest beast... so far...(knock on wood) ive only had to do the hpop and egr delete. probably trade in end of the year or mid next year. but i love my 6.0... uncle of mine traded his 6.0 for a new chevy...traded a year later for the new ford... interior was his issue. i never found dodges to be to comfy inside. personal pref though.

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
I have always had good luck with ford trucks in the past but this is my first diesel. if I ever get another ford diesel it will be a 7.3L or better.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 04 6.0 and it was a beast most of the time and pulled great. Yes I had repairs. The 6.0 is a really good motor. Yes there where updates to the motor and parts. I did find that some International part were better then ford parts. Also I order some Hot shot secret the 6.0 love this stuff and made a big difference in the way my truck ran. Lots of guys say it's snake oil. But it worked great in my truck and fixed a few problems I had too. That the dealer wanted to charge me allot of buck to replace. In fact the guy that runs the dealers diesel shop told me to order this stuff and run it. I ran the stuff about every third oil change.
It sounds like you have replaced most of the problem parts and other then studding the heads down your almost done. I would keep the truck just because of the caly smog testing thing.

Note. Chevy and Mopar diesel there having there own problems to. You could be jumping from the fry pan to the fire....LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58