Engine Sound Question

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure someone on here would probly know,
I recently as of just yesterday, have been hearing a new sound when the engine is warmed up at idle, it sounds real faint but sounds simular to the sound of a gasser with 1 spark plug pulled out while running..kind of a
mop-mop-mop sound.
kinda thinking injector but im not gettting any white smoke and the engine sounds smooth...:dunno

Last edited:

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update; I did'nt hear that noise today, it was really cold here last night with high winds,,,but still vant figure what might have caused it.
Also checked codes, I have been getting 0407 but it seems to run fine, i also replaced BPV tube,,,had to make one stealership wanted $54. I do get the jet sound when cold or long idles out of exhaust

NEokcTERROR

BREAKING STUFF !!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
RickGmi said:
Update; I did'nt hear that noise today, it was really cold here last night with high winds,,,but still vant figure what might have caused it.
Also checked codes, I have been getting 0407 but it seems to run fine, i also replaced BPV tube,,,had to make one stealership wanted $54. I do get the jet sound when cold or long idles out of exhaust

"Stealership" ? roflmao

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RickGmi said:
I figure someone on here would probly know,
I recently as of just yesterday, have been hearing a new sound when the engine is warmed up at idle, it sounds real faint but sounds simular to the sound of a gasser with 1 spark plug pulled out while running..kind of a
mop-mop-mop sound.
kinda thinking injector but im not gettting any white smoke and the engine sounds smooth...:dunno

Could be turbo flutter--if it is, that's nothing to worry about.

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only heard it at idle, did'nt think I could have turbo flutter at idle, early 99 I believe it also came with wicked wheel from factory,. and still have stock air filter intake, hav'nt heard it at WOT either, but yet no boost no flutter..And I dont do dealerships

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the noise is back and staying,
Kind of think it the water pump, do smell antifreeze and the sound kind makes me think that is sounds kinda like water cavatating

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Exhaust manifold leak........??? :dunno

Tbar

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ordered water pump. going to put it in maybe tomorrow, will see if that is it, I do have slight leak around seal, so it's due anyways
See what happens

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got water pump in. job took around 2.5 hours, And the weird sound is gone, The old pump did have weep hole very lightly leaking, which I should have took care of probly 2 months ago, nice weather here to work on things finally. I went with a brand new pnump for $229
Also did all 4 ball joints, front brakes while I was at it. rotors was good thank god, since it dually, Gave truck a good going over,
So in all I was in heaven woorking on my truck for about 13 hours,
Now I can be happy again..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14