Help Needed ESOF 4x4 engages by itself!! help please!

paulpe99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've been having electrical problems since moving to Florida. What with all the rain and my poor truck not being garaged. Last week, while driving in 2WD at 50 mph, I saw the 4x4 light on the dash flicker on and off. A bit later it happened again and I heard the hubs and transfer case try to engage. (normally i only engage 4x4 at 25mph!!). I pulled over and immediately removed the fuse that works the ESOF system. I like using 4x4, but don't want to damage anything. I'm leaving the fuse out until I find out exactly what's wrong with my truck. (in case it matters, I also keep blowing fuses for the cigar lighter/obdII port, and my power steps were not cycling as designed). Any help on the ESOF (electronic shift on the fly) problem would be most appreciated.
thanks!

Intlenus

Intlenus
Reaction score
I had the same problem. The all kinds of electrical problems started popping up shortly after. Have you had any other weird electrical issues like windows not working or wipers going off randomly? could be the GEM module after I replaced mine everything was working normal again. read this blog. theres alot of good info there.
http://blog.autopartscheaper.com/?p=38

paulpe99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for that link. Ever since we came back to the West coast we haven't had those electrical problems. We're going to be back in the humidity of the east coast soon so i'll keep my eye on it. I'm also going to get under the dash and look for the tell-tale signs of moisture on the connectors. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58