ESOF hub part number

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have the part number for the ESOF hubs? Had to use the 4wd tonight and the hubs wouldn't engage. I know they are getting bad as I had some trouble before. Locked the passengers side one in manually, but could not budge the drivers side hub. I tried looking for them on Powerstrokeshop.com, but no luck. I thought about just installing some warn manual lockouts, but the convinience of the ESOF is nice.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the O-Rings first. It will be cheaper than the hubs, and will likely have to be replaced anyway.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Last summer I had the hubs out and cleaned and regreased them, but I still have trouble with them sticking in the locked position sometimes. Sometimes they will not engage. Think I might just put a set of Warm lockouts in. Cheaper than the ESOF hubs.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is why I always go with Manual hubs and transfer case. I don't want to get caught out in some old mud hole without four wheel drive. I lock mine in way before I need them, generally. :D

Dave

JRJ04

Reaction score
That is why I always go with Manual hubs and transfer case. I don't want to get caught out in some old mud hole without four wheel drive. I lock mine in way before I need them, generally. :D

Dave

x2! My grandpa instilled in my head the greatness of a mechanical 4x4! I know that when I lock those hubs in and pull the lever on the floor, im locked in and ready to roll. No vaccum pump to jack with or worry about going out.

MikePC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Stuck

If you are already in the mud you do not have to turn your wheels by hand (bar) to get your hubs (ESOF) to engage because you cannot move the truck!!!

Been there

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you guys, manual 4X4 is the way to go. Unfortunatly, I bought my truck used, so I didn't have the choice. It had just about everything I was looking for, so I bought it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58