Ever been taken by a salesman?

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Have to vent, long story I will try and make short.
In August 2004 I purchased a dealer demo Expedition for the wife. Had 5,000 and some change on it. Got a great deal.
One of the sticking points with me was the warranty.
I asked the salesman when the 3/36 started on the vehicle because I was not going to pay new car price for a "used" vehicle.
He assured me that the 3/36 started the day I signed the papers because it had not been registered or anything.
When we signed the papers the underwriter tried to push the extended warranty on me. I said why when I have the full 3/36 from right now? I am not going to keep it past the warranty anyway. He said "when this thing gets to 41,000 miles you will be out of your warranty and these things are expensive to work on."

Any way, fast forward to yesterday. My neighbor is a ford mech so when I need stuff done he takes care of it for me. The expy had a weird rattle, no problem it is still under warranty since it only has 27,000 miles on it and 6 months of warranty left.

He gets it in there and low and behold our warranty expired in November. What! He said it sounds like an internal engine noise and they think that some deal by the timing chain is slapping the cover. Front clip has to come out as well as front half of the motor, 10 hours labor just to diagnose it.

So, I call the dealership I bought the car from. The response I get is, we are new owners, that dealership is out of business, we can trade it in for you though.

The dealership that lied to me is now defunct, they owned about 20 dealerships at the time, and I have no way of getting this resolved. Come to find out that the warranty starts the day it is put into service by anybody and the warranty period started for this car in November of 03.

I called for customer relationship center and spent about 45 minutes on the phone with them. The girl was very nice but basically nothing they can do.

I got twins on the way due in September and am staring at at least a $600 bill if my neighbor does it on the side.

Anybody else have this sort of thing happen to them?

Thanks for listening.

Trapper

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Well, it sucks you got taken by the dealer about a vehicle. I thought I was pissed when I got taken on penetrating oil, but you have it worse.
This Drummond American guy comes in and tells me how much better his open and shut is better than PB Blaster. He does the styro test (which is a joke) and his was faster. He kept pushing so I said ok to get the bugger to leave. I order a case of 12 not understanding the price was $150.00. The stuff was horrible. WD-40 works better. He came back asking how I liked it and I was so pissed I threw the can on the ground at him. Showed him how all the cans would not dispense all the oil. That was not a good day :cussing: :cussing:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Well, it sucks you got taken by the dealer about a vehicle. I thought I was pissed when I got taken on penetrating oil, but you have it worse.
This Drummond American guy comes in and tells me how much better his open and shut is better than PB Blaster. He does the styro test (which is a joke) and his was faster. He kept pushing so I said ok to get the bugger to leave. I order a case of 12 not understanding the price was $150.00. The stuff was horrible. WD-40 works better. He came back asking how I liked it and I was so pissed I threw the can on the ground at him. Showed him how all the cans would not dispense all the oil. That was not a good day :cussing: :cussing:

The only thing better than PB Blaster is Mag 1 Penetrant with Teflon :hail

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg