Ever have a day

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
when nothing goes right.. Well Friday was my day.. It all started off that I had plans on Sat to do some rock crawling with my XJ, and 12 days prior I had dropped of my front drive shaft to get shortend and have a rear DS built.. Well time kept getting closer and I was finishing building other things, so I called the DS shop to get a status of things since they quoted me 2-3 max to build.. well they finished the shafts at the last minute on Friday, (I was trying to leave on Fr and get a hotel) So I go and pick up the shafts around 1pm on Fri and notice that the front hasnt been touched, I was like WTF, I told the guy and said screw it, Ill make it work, so I grabed the Front and rear and headed home.. I get home and get under the XJ to install the shafts and Im dumbfounded.. The rear shaft was way to long.. I called the guy up and I asked him what were the measurments that I gave you on the rear, he said 35 inches, (exactly what I said to the T with all the other measurment drivable) I told him the new shaft is 38 inches fully compressed.. :cussing:
So his answer was to bring it back and he will fix the issue.. Ok.. hes only 45 minutes away with no traffic..
So I get into the diesel, crank it up and I hear a tinking noise, WTH.. I noticed that the bearing oin the water pump is shot and causing the fan to hit some pullies .. :cussing: :cussing: At this point I thinking Im done, Im not going wheeling, Im just pissed, Ive spent the last 2 weeks non stop building stuff, fixing and prepping for this trip and everything has just gone to hell at the last minute, so Im just going to throw in the towel..

My roomate is still wanting me to go and Im just at a loss, so I figure I would never beable to get to the DS shop with traffic so I called a friend that has a lathe.. I get over there and hes loading his buggy and I tell him whats going on, 30 minuted later Ive shortend my shaft.. Ok the XJ is ready to go, but no tow rig......

needless to say I swallowed my pride and used my friends Trail Blazer, I had to resituate the position of the jeep on the trailer so the SUV wouldnt bottom out on suspension... It accually pulled decently in 3rd gear and an average of 6-9 MPG :eek: and having to fill up 4 times sucked on a 2.5 hour drive, last I did that trip loaded down in the dually I only used like the front tank to get there and back.. All and all wheeling that day made it all worth it and had 3 attempted roll overs and almost Endoed the XJ.. Life is great

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Looks like a fun day!:sweet That green hooded tube frame buggy can go almost anywhere! :eek: Coil-overs rock!

Ever been to Farmington, NM?-popcorn Southern CO has some good spots too!

atk

Reaction score
a good day of fun does make up for those bad days...been there....i kinda of miss those days of wheelin....hope you had fun....:thumbs

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Looks like a fun day!:sweet That green hooded tube frame buggy can go almost anywhere! :eek: Coil-overs rock!

Ever been to Farmington, NM?-popcorn Southern CO has some good spots too!

Im moving to NM this summer, so Ill find out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14