note Everyone keep Maxtor(s) in your thoughts!

Hoss6.9

Born to Diesel!
Reaction score
Hey All!

I had a visit on the phone with Maxtor (Lloyd) this morning. He has been staying in touch and keeping me (us) informed of their travels and such. As of today - they are still in Oklahoma. 60mph winds last nite. Tornado passed within about 3 1/2 miles of the rv park that their staying in. Went into northeast OK. and killed some people he said. They came from Amarillo, TX to where they now are staying. They stopped at a Denny's and had brunch on the way. Lloyd has been sick (food poisoning) for 6 days now. Even went to the ER. Got out of the hospital and now his wife is sick. She has been sick for 3 days now. Luke (Son/Dog) even threw up yesterday. He (Lloyd) seemed to be better today, but Mrs. Maxtor was not feeling well at all(chills). Luke seemed good this morning in the background too! It has been an interesting trip for them so far. They can't seem to get out of OK. They are thinking that if things don't get/go better soon that they will be canceling the rest of the trip and returning to California. I hope things turn around and they get to continue their trip. I myself and my family are excited about their visit and can't wait to meet them. And getting updates of their travels and adventures. He asked me to make this post and let all of you know that their still alive, but things could be alot better for them. Please post your thoughts and prayers here and I will be letting him know on a regular basis of them all!

Thanks All!

Hoss6.9 (Ike)....

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thatsa BUMMER. I sure hope things take a GOOD turn for them. Be sure and tell them, from me, to Hang In There. Don't give up.

Joe

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey they could stay HOME and have problems like this too...its all part of the adventure.

glad theyre doin' well !

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I was born in Oklahoma and I have never been back. I can't blame Maxtor for wanting to get out of Oklahoma. Get well soon and KEEP TRAVELING!

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey they could stay HOME and have problems like this too...its all part of the adventure.

glad theyre doin' well !

;tu Thats the Spirit.. Git'n sick on an adventure can add a GOOD memory to it.

Keep On Truck'n Mr. & Mrs Maxtor. Luke too.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu Thats the Spirit.. Git'n sick on an adventure can add a GOOD memory to it.

if nothin' else itll make ya hate Oklahoma forever ;)
considering what california has to offer <earth quakes, fires & mud slides>
id take a "storm" that i can shelter from (and watch on the radar) ANY
DAY !

if i were camping id make sure i had one of these (like we do at home) -->
Oregon Scientific | Emergency Alert Systems RADIOs

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hang in there Max. Glad to hear that ya'll are ok. Hope things turn around and ya'll start to feel better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58