Ex wouldn't start

CORNBOY

Cornboy
Reaction score
I had an issue with the Ex last Monday. I went out to start it and it cranked a couple of times then nothing.... I turned the key back and tried again. All the lights dimmed and still no vroom vroom. I got my meter out and checked both batteries and besides being low on water they checked out fine. So I'm thinking starter. We just bought it about a month ago and it had a came with a 60 day warranty so I called the dealer. The mechanic chalked it up to bad batteries and told me to go spend the money for new ones. I told him I thought it was either a short or the starter. He still insisted batteries. I got off the phone with the mission to prove him wrong. I started checking the battery cables from the batteries down to the starter. I got to the starter and noticed it looked a little funny. One of the bolts had broken off in the housing. I had never seen one do that before, but $154 dollars later, after my military discount, it starts just fine. Now I get to call the dealer back and say, "Pay up Sucka!" :roflmao Anybody else seen this happen before??

View attachment 3754

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Problem is there warranty will be a replacement warranty not a refund warranty. You are now the proud owner of a new spare starter.

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
Anybody else seen this happen before??

View attachment 3754

Glad you fixed it, now enjoy it. I have not seen that happen, I have been thru 2 altenators in 15mths and 4 batteries in 4 years. I don't know if the bad batteries cause the alt. to go out, but next time I will not try to get 1 more month from my batteries. If the dealer you bought it from is good, they will be happy to pay the $154.00 and keep you as a happy customer.:thumbs

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg