Reaction score
DAMN!
everyone OK?

why didn't the airbag deploy, I wonder?

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i dont know about the airbags, it takes a pretty good slam to make them go off.

i dont know the story behind this wreck, but my cousin took out about 20 small saplings with his mustang, and the car was absolutely shredded - no airbags. my wifes little bump in the wall with her stang popped the bags, and her car had much less overall damage.

i hope everyone is 100% after this one!

whats the story behind it?

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Looks like it took a front hit kinda high and off to one side at an angle. We had a SD at work take a hit like that and the air bags didn't go off. Wonder what did that?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The owner and passengers faired well,from what I gather it connected with a Superduty(lifted) don't know the outcome of that truck.

I read that the corner collisions involving Excursion/SuperDuty trucks that most airbag systems don't deploy,I read of one involved in a square head-on that the airbags didn't deploy either. Probably has to be in the fatality strength crashes that makes the bags pop.:dunno

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the damage was in the so called "Crumple Zone" and thus the deceleration was not enough to set the bags. The censors are frame mounded and record the deceleration of the frame. In this case the frame just kept going for a lesser deceleration.

Air bags are not a fool proof system.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
do the sd's/excursions have sensors??? i didnt think they had any, i thought it was all run from the module. thats how most y2k+ vehicles are that i have had to work on...i know of the ford vehicles my '01 stang and my cousins '00 explorer had just the control module under the dash. mercedes has one module under the driver seat on the vans (side curtain equipped vans have door pressure sensors for side impact recognition). another question....do the sd's have belt pretensioners?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is wild. Glad to hear everybody walked away from that one. Wonder what the other truck looked like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58