Excursion stereo upgrade question

02excursion73

02excursion73
Reaction score
Have an 02 Excursion limited with the DVD system, CD player, etc.. with all the controls on the steering wheel. My stereo will not read CDs that have been burned on my computer. I can play the same burned CDs in my wifes car. Anybody else have this problem? I will upgrade the stereo if needed but dont want that "aftermarket" look in the middle of my dash. Any companys making stereos that look like the Ford unit?

Thanks, Brian

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The stock stereos that came equipped in our Excursions can only play commercially produced music CD's.

The Visteon CD6 might be an alternative. Cost and availability I have no knowledge of.

Finn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi Brian
You can use player, that sends the signal to your radio. I have a dvd player that does that. Only problem then is the extra player somewhere. Or i-Pod.
But no self burned cds to original player, sorry.

Jukka

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
You could try finding another stock radio, out of a F250 and put it in. I don't know the difference in them, but I know I can play burned CD's in my 2005, with factory radio, maybe an 05 excursion deck would play them also, as I know 05+ SD radios are different from Ex's and 99-04 SD's.

Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58