exhaust 4 or 5 inch straight pipe

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Its purely a matter of personal preference. I'm running a 5" pipe and its noisy. It also is way way overkill for the amount of HP I am making, unless you plan on being in the 500+ range its not necessary, but it sure looks cool. :D

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are a prue power junkie with tons of mods or a puller running mods then there is a fair difference.

A shadetree power adder with the standard mods would not see a significant difference between the two sizes.

Crazy Cowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just did 5" no-cat with muffler on my Excursion and it's not too much louder than the stock without muffler or cat. It's VERY deep sounding and the turbo sounds like a jet-plane taking off at low RPMs :D I LOVE IT! Not sure the neighbors do in the early morning though!!

Can't say if the 4" would be much different, but got mine on Ebay and it was only like $50 more for 5" so why not?!?! Best part with MBRP was that it was very easy to install. Bolts right in with little effort. I found cutting my stock down pipe was the easiest way to get it out.

Happy New Year!

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
jmoney33,

If you like it louder the 5 inch will do great, if you want quieter then the 4 inch will get you the same EGT drop and HP gains etc. Check the AFE and MBRP systems best quality and price etc. If you have any questions just call us.

Mark @ DPPI

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58