exhaust brakes, US gear

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
yes,

I have one and love it!
Works very good, I think the 'waste gate' really helps the braking at the low end.
I really have to remember to touch the brakes a bit, as I can slow down to turn without brakes easily, even towing. :sweet
It should work really nice on your 7.3 because of larger displacement.

coastdriver

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I also have the Super duty exhaust brake. It sure has made crossing the Sierras and the Siskyous much more pleasant.:sweet

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you run down a mild slope and *not* engage the exhaust brake?

bigdogal

BigDogAl
Reaction score
Yes you can. I control mine manually with the engagement button on the shifter. I am running a BD Tourque Lock as well. I can engage the tourque lock, and use the engine brake as needed. The Tourque Lock disengages below 30 mph automatically. I pull a 32' toy hauler and have been up and down every pass in Colorado. I can go down the west side of Wolf Creek pass and never touch the brakes except in the switch baxks and run a constant 40 - 45 mph. Try going down Slumgillion Pass with a load like that with no exhaust brake! The install was easy, and the unit is built to last.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I've had a BD exhaust brake ever since the truck was new. Up until about a year ago I was traveling A LOT pulling a 8k ish trailer. Once a year I'd go from Michigan to TX, CO, CA, WA and then back home. Towing through the mountains one time with an exhaust brake is enough to convince anyone you never want to go without one.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58