Exhaust Guide

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Car_nut57 said:
Kwazyca,

We have not been doing this long enough to have reliable test data to quote and have not had a chance yet to try one in a straight piped truck yet either, however with the change in sound it made on the trucks we have installed it on, my guess is it should work well for a straight pipe.

Regarding soot, some will build up on the surface of the cells just as it does on the inside of the pipe. The first test part was in my truck for quite some time and when removed the soot is less on the honeycomb than on the wall of the pipe. I think with the velocity of the exhaust soot should not be a problem.

I am sorry but, in my ignorant opinion. It is not a responsible business practice to sell a product without first having acquired "reliable test data". I don't care to pay money for the privilege of being a guinea pig.

Joe, please don't take the above as directed at you personally. If you are happy, then I am happy for you.

Tom

Car_nut57

Reaction score
ChrisMartinTX said:
i'd be more than willing to be your test subject for the straight piped truck ;) :cowboy:
Give me a call and I will be happy to get you fixed up and give us some test data and impressions.

Car_nut57

Reaction score
kwazyca said:
I am sorry but, in my ignorant opinion. It is not a responsible business practice to sell a product without first having acquired "reliable test data". I don't care to pay money for the privilege of being a guinea pig.

Joe, please don't take the above as directed at you personally. If you are happy, then I am happy for you.

Tom
I did not mean we have no testing done and want you to spend your money to be the guinea pig. We have half a dozen truck or so which have been running the Exhaust Guides with all reporting results much like Joes. On my truck the EGTs are definately down and the mileage improved. What I mean is we do not yet have a large enough pool of data and feed back for me to be comfortable quoting results people will expect to see. I am however quite comfortable that those who try it will see results as Joe has and will be happy with it. If you have doubts or don't feel this type of product benefits your truck, don't buy it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kwazyca said:

Tom

No harm, Nor foul, intended or taken.

This topic was and is, just MY impressions of a new, and inovative, Mod for our trucks. No endorsement or promotion implied. Just some SOTP findings.

JMO: if I were to have waited for "relable test data" on everything I'v done to my truck, I'd prolly still be at the Drop-In K&N ;). DPP allowed me to TEST, so to speak, one of these... I did.... I'm happy with it. I go into these things with an open mind.... and enough instramentation to tell me weather they work... or not.

There arent many of these "on the street" yet. The TRUE test results will be: Feedback from the consumers.

For 80 bucks :dunno , it's worth check'n out.... Maybe :dunno

JOE

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Joe,

I am glad I did not offend you. That was never my intention.

I can appreciate and admire your attitude to try new things. I just carry too much skepticism I guess.

I made this poor judgment purchase at one time. I came to the conclusion through dyno and MPG testing that it was "snake oil". Ever since then I am always looking for documents and product testing. :dunno

Take care,

Tom

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kwazyca said:
Joe,

I am glad I did not offend you. That was never my intention.

I can appreciate and admire your attitude to try new things. I just carry too much skepticism I guess.

I made this poor judgment purchase at one time. I came to the conclusion through dyno and MPG testing that it was "snake oil". Ever since then I am always looking for documents and product testing. :dunno

Take care,

Tom

I hear ya Tom...... :sweet

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Car_nut57 said:
Give me a call and I will be happy to get you fixed up and give us some test data and impressions.

Im up for being a test dummy too, I'm running an open 5" exhaust from the DP back along with the other mods in my sig.

Car_nut57

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Im up for being a test dummy too, I'm running an open 5" exhaust from the DP back along with the other mods in my sig.
That is great. Give me a call. I don't have any finished parts made for 5" pipe, but I think we can make a 5" disc to fit into a belled connection in the system and let the inserted pipe capture it for testing anyway. I am willing to build the part if you are willing to share data and experience with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14