Question Exhaust ID

usctrack

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I bought my 06 F250 new from the dealer with a Tuscany conversion package that came with dual exhaust. I thought it was Banks but since I am considering a cat delete I crawled under it today and got to checking things out.

I found a few surprises. First the front and rear of the muffler are cracked. I cant find a name on it so I started looking on the net. The dual exhuast exits straight back under the bumper. Most Duals I see are behind the wheel. 2nd they exit straight from the muffler - not a Y pipe?

I will add some pics from photobucket via tapatalk.

Any help in Identifying this system and also helping me determine if I can replace or repair the muffler would be great.

I am looking at going without Cat so I wanted to change that piece but since I already had a dual set up I want to try to keep what I have and just fix the bad pieces.

Thanks
Nick
Left exhaust -
ba832502.jpg

Right Exhaust -
916556e9.jpg

Exiting muffler
159ef0f1.jpg

Close up of exit side of muffler
82629d79.jpg

Intake side of muffler with crack at edge
affc19a1.jpg

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Gibson system that had 2 pipes coming off the muffler like that but it exited behind the rear wheels on either side. I honestly thing that exhaust was custom built by a local shop rather than a kit. Most diesel exhausts exit to the side because people generally use diesels to tow and I know I certainly don't want the front of my trailer black with exhaust soot. Every diesel I have seen with exhaust exiting under the rear bumper has been a custom made exhaust and the truck is a street queen that never even sees a trailer. (Not implying anything about your truck or how you use it, just my observation in my community.) I also heard, and I can't confirm if it's true or not, that the exhaust straight out the back doesn't flow properly with a trailer hooked up and actually increases exhaust back pressure and hurts performance.

Last edited:

usctrack

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had thought it was a Banks but I guess I was wrong. I know I want a more free flowing exhaust and possibly a Cat Delete pipe - just to have a little more growl.

In replacing the muffler - what is the normal pipe size heading into the muffler. I think it 3.5" but looking around I only see 3.0" input on most mufflers. It looks like magnaflow makes a dual one that would work.

I pull with mine but it is normally an open trailer with ATV or Motorcycles. I did read that the rear exit were not reccomended for towing. I assumed the air pressure change from the trailer and soot would be the reasons.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
These trucks are designed to tow. No problems would come from towing, other than a little soot if you get on it a lot.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58