Exhaust ??? Strait pipe???

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys wondering if I would gain any power and sound dropping the dynomax diesel muffler and running a strait pipe in it's place:rolleyes: My 2000 has no cats and it would be strait through was wondering any performance gains and how much louder it will be????

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The muffler you have on there I'll assume it's of the "straight thru" type similar to the Walker Big Truck Muffler?

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Performance gains? minimal but SOTP a bit depending on how "flow-thru" your existing muffler is...

Sound - MUCH, MUCH LOUDER if my 03 Ex with a straight pipe is any indication.... :)

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I'll wager you'll only gain more sound if the Dynomax is a straight through already.

www.truckpulls.com

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
It will sound so good.......you will find yourself driving the truck around for no reason just so you can hear the sweet sound! You will also find yourself getting on it more to hear it...and you will notice that with all that big throttle abuse, your MPG will drop...lol....but its worth it as you rumble thru town and folks a block away on the sidewalks are turning to see what the heck is coming at them. I love my straight pipes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58