exhaust tip that is just plain wrong!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i see little ricers with those
however
on CMT a few weeks back on Trick my Truck
they put on a set of fake 6" stacks with red glowing leds in em and ran the real exhuast out and under the truck, this was an 18 wheeler OTR truck

looked very PIMP

but th eoverall look with the paint and big wheels and ground effects looked very good for a big truck-popcorn

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
i see little ricers with those
however
on CMT a few weeks back on Trick my Truck
they put on a set of fake 6" stacks with red glowing leds in em and ran the real exhuast out and under the truck, this was an 18 wheeler OTR truck

looked very PIMP

but th eoverall look with the paint and big wheels and ground effects looked very good for a big truck-popcorn
I liked that idea, but that show's exactly "Pimp My Ride", they just wanna squeeze as much dough out of that idea as they can

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
The thing I can't understand about that show is that the guys never really solve any problems. What I mean is that the show starts witt he guy saying his truck keeps breaking down, and goes to pics of him on the side of the road with the hood, and they make it sound like these guys are gonna help him out.

So, they put a bunch of velvet, leather, chrome, and shiny bling bling on the truck, and problem solved????

How is all of that going to help it keep from breaking down on the side of the road? How is all of that crap that the driver now has to maintain going to help him make more margin per mile in his rig???

What a waste of time!!!

ryaneverk2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I like Overhaulin' - they take good old muscle cars and actually make them BETTER, from the looks to the engine/tranny. Turn out whole new awesome cars, instead of a junk wagon covered up with L.A. bling.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
The thing I can't understand about that show is that the guys never really solve any problems. What I mean is that the show starts witt he guy saying his truck keeps breaking down, and goes to pics of him on the side of the road with the hood, and they make it sound like these guys are gonna help him out.

So, they put a bunch of velvet, leather, chrome, and shiny bling bling on the truck, and problem solved????

How is all of that going to help it keep from breaking down on the side of the road? How is all of that crap that the driver now has to maintain going to help him make more margin per mile in his rig???

What a waste of time!!!
exactly the same thing on "Pimp My Ride"

engine problems? oh heres some rims
car stalling? oh heres new seats
brakes gone? oh here's some tv's

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
Here is an exhaust tip you will never see on my truck!

Just a little too much... :roflmao

Hey, I give them 10 minutes on mine, the black soot will cover the LED's, then its a good tip maybe! :roflmao

BTW, I have the same gripe with trick my truck. A roll out BBQ, 3000 watt stereo, cut pile carpeting, and DVD screens are not going to help when your engine seizes, except for when your waiting for a tow you can't afford. :rolleyes:

Barrett

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58