Exhaust wrap on downpipe?

Brian1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to install a Diamond Eye 4" single with downpipe this evening and was wondering if I should wrap the downpipe with exhaust wrap? I have never heard of anyone doing this and search didnt turn up much. I have some leftover from other projects, it is a thinner exhaust wrap. I have a 1" roll and a 3" roll. I have an auto tranny if that makes any difference, I know the pipe will pass very close to it.

Thanks-

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put wrap on mine last year when i did the 6oh tranny cooler install. the tranny lines looked to close to it to me so i figured i'd insulate it.

kbaxter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just got done pulling a tranny cooler off a 6.0 and put that on my truck along with the 6.0 intercooler.

I found the stock 6.0 exhaust at the junkyard with the other parts and got 6 pieces of really nice stainless foil sandwiching fiberglass in between and put that on my downpipe and wrapped the turbo as well.

Can't tell you how well it's working though. After working the entire week on doing all this stuff, the truck died on the way home from work.:confused: :cussing:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Dieing on the road sounds like a bad CPS. Ford just introduced a new and cheaper one that is available at your dealer. Good luck.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58