Exhaust?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the issue will be more of what FITS ! I cant
imagine there being MORE room in the 7.3L, but
us 6.0 guys require compressing (aka DENTING) the
firewall just to get a 4" pipe to clear.

certainly its something to check.

DA-HEAT

The First Stroker
Reaction score
Don't know about the nbs 7.3 but on the obs 3" is the largest down pipe available to my knowledge. I had to curl the pinch weld all the way to the body just to get the 3" to fit. And it is extremely close to everything:doh:

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah with a 4" dp you have to clearance it a little to make it fit. If I had it to do all over I would only go with the 4" system. The 5" is a pain if you have a hitch in the bed.

BAYRAT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Exhaust Question

I was wondering if anyone on this site has the Jardine Exhaust system. I have a 1997 PSD and will be needing exhaust. I put the Jardine exhaust on my 1995 GMC 6.5 turbo stake body. The exhaust sounds great truck runs much better and you cant get any easier on installation.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because of the rails for the hitch that attach to the frame. The person who owned mine before me notched a little of the rail for the stock exhaust.

frick134a

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Rails? My 5th wheel hitch had rails in the bed that are bolded to the bed and then they are l brackets that bold from them to the frame on the underside. Not sure I understand why the rail would be in the way?
Just like to know cause looking to upgrade my exhaust here also.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours should be okay if all the rails are above the bed my gooseneck hitch they are below the bed and a pain in the butt. My brother ran into the same problem with a different manufacturer on his GN hitch.

Last edited:

cvdenson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My bro in-law has the 4" motoblue and seems to like it. He did have a couple of fitment issues near the spare tire. I don't care for the way it exits behind the tire though. I have the MKO 4" and had absolutely no fitment issues and it looks good. The MKO was the best bang for my buck and would buy it again.

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14