Exhaust...

Nharmswhey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just bought an 05 6.0l crew cab and am gonna put exhaust on it this weekend. HEard a lot of good about mbrp but was just curious. THis is my first diesel to Modify so im not usre of cat back, turbo back or what. THanks for any advice

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MBRP is good. i have used them before and really like them. they make both turbo and cat back. with the turbo back they even make one that you can still put the Cat on if you like in a area that requires it. either turbo or cat back would sound good.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By you living in OK, I think you can get by without the cat. MBRP is a good brand, and there are others out there to ck out.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I would go turbo back also... gut the kitty and call it a day... if you don't want it to be too loud get ya a good performance muffler... if you like noise.. don't worry about a muffler or a cat..

shhorn68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the cat is gone what needs to be done to prevent EGR failure or just throwing codes. I am thinking of doing the same thing (exhaustwise) and I live in OK also.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Once the cat is gone what needs to be done to prevent EGR failure or just throwing codes. I am thinking of doing the same thing (exhaustwise) and I live in OK also.

nothing.. you won't throw any codes by gutting the kitty... and no worries of EGR failure

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Yeah....go turbo back. I live in NE and bought the Silverline 4" turbo back. Only thing I don't like about the Silverline is the 2 piece downpipe from the turbo. Otherwise, I like it.

Fine69

Reaction score
Yeah....go turbo back. I live in NE and bought the Silverline 4" turbo back. Only thing I don't like about the Silverline is the 2 piece downpipe from the turbo. Otherwise, I like it.

I'm pretty sure all aftermarket exhausts use 2 piece down pipes. I know my MBRP is a 2 piece.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
the magnaflow system i had on my 03 was a one piece downpipe that I know of.. unless im not sure what you guys are talking about.. it had to be bolted to the rest of the system once it was in.. but it was pretty much like the stock downpipe but a lot bigger... maybe im confused though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14